Thursday, February 22, 2007

First Blog Assignment


Pre-Trip Thoughts

Last semester I remember walking by a poster explaining TravelLearn, and how students can fly to Paris for a class. I thought to myself how great and exciting that would be. After finding out all the information that I needed I decided to go. In about three weeks I’ll be boarding a plane and flying to Paris, France. I am very excited about it. I’ve bought discs to learn French. I’ve bought French music to listen to and have joined blockbuster Total Access to be able to rent French film. I have watched Cyrano De Bergerac and tonight I will be able to enjoy The Piano Teacher. Let’s just say I am very excited to see how the French enjoy life.

I would like to experience Paris as not just a tourist. Yes I do want to see all the tourist attractions, such as museums and the Eiffel Tower but I also want to go to the local Café to enjoy a good cup of coffee. I think seeing the replica of the flame from The Statue of Liberty would be interesting. I’ve done some research as to what other places I would like to visit. I was born in Ukraine and visited last year, and heard that there are many Ukrainians in Paris. I actually found a café, a church and a Ukrainian park in Paris. This is something I personally would like to visit.

Seeing a soccer game in France would be so much fun. I love soccer and know how crazy the fans and games can be. I’m not sure how to find a place to buy tickets from here but will be doing more research into that. I’d like to experience what students do for fun. Seeing as much as I can in the eight days is my goal. From the world known spots to the little café that the locals visit, got to be there. I love art, fashion, Europe and its beautiful architecture and I don’t think I will be disappointed with this trip.

No comments: